Monday 12 March 2007

12th March

I heard from the Vet this afternoon. Phoebe seems to be doing fairly well. The Vet said that she was a lot brighter today and her PCV is up to 21%. This is excellent news as it is the first time her PCV has increased post-transfusion. Phoebe's blood tests today also showed that her bone-marrow is producing new red-blood cells. The rate at which the new red-blood cells are being produced is quite slow, but it is a step in the right direction!
What is more we are able to pick her up tomorrow, I can't wait!
Thanks to some very good friends we have managed to get together enough money to pay her hospital bill (thanks very much, you know who you are!).
I am feeling more positive now than I have since Phoebe first fell ill, though I know she has a long way to go.

No comments: